Public Records Manager, City of Bellevue
The City of Bellevue was experiencing uncontrolled information growth across their organization. The risk of being unable to find content and its potential mismanagement were mounting concerns. With increasing records management requirements, the City needed help in establishing a technology solution to help implement their information management requirements. They also need to ensure scalability over the next five to ten years. To overcome these obstacles, Bellevue required assistance in creating a governance infrastructure for all its documents, content, and records to meet changing needs, ensure compliance, reduce IT’s workload, and reduce increasing costs.
- Simplify ECM for multiple content solutions and repositories
- Reduce support and maintenance costs of existing ECM
- Reduce risk of content mismanagement
The City used Gimmal Records Management in combination with Gimmal implementation services to build on a SharePoint foundation and created a full-featured, Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.2-compliant records management solution for the City.
Gimmal Records provides a centralized creation and management of record retention policies for content stored across SharePoint Record Centers.
With the help of Gimmal's records management software, the City of Bellevue is now seeing numerous benefits including:
- Leveraged SharePoint to drive down overall ECM/RM costs
- Increased end-user productivity through improved access and search
- Reduced risk and cost of noncompliance through centralized governance
Related Case Studies