From grants and research proposals to student records, university health sciences centers create, manage, and audit a multitude of information at any given time.This client needed a solution that could be configured to show the departments, college names, and retention schedules that were unique to them. In addition, they needed a web-based system that would allow users to track the exact location, down to the aisle, shelf, and box number of any record in their on site records facilities.
With the help of Gimmal Physical, the client was able to achieve their records and information management initiatives with a flexible solution that was easily implemented. This cloud-based application not only met the specific security requirements set forth by the university health center, but it was also configured to meet the client's exact needs.
A U.S. university health sciences center was seeking a solution to upgrade its legacy software platform. Because the existing platform was outdated and ineffective, the client was searching for a solution to remedy the following challenges:
- Limited flexibility - the legacy system had only a limited amount of fields and configuration abilities
- Information in legacy system - the system didn't provide the functionality the team needed
- System was not intuitive - this negatively affected user productivity
Following the implementation of Gimmal Physical, the client saw substantial outcomes from their investment, including:
- Unified records management system that tracks and manages records through one, cloud-based application
- Configurable options allowed the client to name and configure tables and metadata fields during the application build
- Automated retention management capabilities also allowed users to add as many retention schedules as needed
- Secure and timely access to records improved records retrieval
- Permanent audit trail and security features ensure regulatory compliance
Related Case Studies