Wilmar Sugar Australia, a division of Wilmar International, was established in 2011 after a separation from CSR Limited. SAP® ERP is a key component of their IT strategy, implementing Accounts Payable, Human Resources/ Payroll, Materials Management, Plant Maintenance and other core systems. The Wilmar IT infrastructure is outsourced to a multi-tenant cloud, and SharePoint was introduced to the environment to provide a controlled document store. Wilmar had a goal to leverage SharePoint as a content repository across the organization as a way to lower their overall IT costs and improve the usability of their systems.
- Dealing with the high costs of their legacy ECM system
- Troubling reducing content files bloating their SAP® database
- Managing cash strategically and improve the efficiency of the Accounts Payable (AP) process
- A need to improve the efficiency of the Plant Maintenance (PM) system
Gimmal Link was installed into the SharePoint environment hosted in Singapore, linking invoices in SharePoint to their associated SAP® software transactions for storage and retrieval. Gimmal Link was then installed in their Australia environment, allowing the retirement of an OpenText content archive server. All invoice documents moved to the Singapore SharePoint environment.
Documents stored in the SAP® database that were attached to SAP® software transactions were moved to SharePoint and then re-linked to the appropriate SAP® software transaction. This freed up costly SAP® database space.
Finally, Plant Maintenance work-order scanning was introduced. The multitude of documents associated with plant maintenance activities were scanned, tied to SAP® software transactions with Gimmal Link, and visualized in SAP® software with IntelliDocX DocSets.
With the help of the Gimmal's Link software, Wilmar is now seeing numerous benefits including:
- Replaced a costly legacy OpenText Archive system for AP with a SharePoint-based system
- Reduced SAP database size by 30%, lowering costs and making the system more efficient
- Improved AP processes and better cash management
- Improved user efficiency with a best-in-class plant maintenance system
Related Case Studies